The Weather Makers have the objective to develop ecosystem regeneration projects to balance water cycles and provide social economic benefits for those living in and around the project’s areas.
We identify and create business cases for ecosystem regeneration projects by valuing ecosystem function. Ecosystem function is defined as the natural functions fulfilled by ecological growth. We focus on the following functions:
- Improvement of water safety (enhance water retention and buffer zones)
- Improvement of water quality (enhance ecological aerobic water treatment)
- Sequestration of greenhouse gases (enhance photosynthesis and soil carbon content)
- Improvement of water availability (enhance infiltration of water)
- Improvement of local climate (natural absorption of solar energy to reduce sensible heat).